Key words : Nanoparticles, microparticles, Pickering emulsions, microemulsions, liposomes, skin permeation, membrane processes, freeze drying, spray drying, spray cooling, tableting, powder, drying, hybrid particles, colloids, in vitro diagnostic, environmental analysis
The LAGEPP (Laboratory of Automatic Control, Chemical and pharmaceutical engineering) is a research laboratory of the University Lyon 1 and the French national Institute for scientific research (CNRS UMR 5007). It develops pluridisciplinary research in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering and biochemical processes. The LAGEPP gathers strong pluridisciplinary competences in close collaboration with national and international research and development centers in industry or in academia.
The “pharmaceutical engineering” group has its strong expertise in drug delivery. This team is mainly working on the formulation of drug delivery systems for topical or parenteral administration and diagnostic applications. The research encompasses several scientific domains and a huge part is devoted to physical chemistry and formulation: development of new drug delivery systems, physical chemistry properties and biological in vitro evaluation. Studies about skin behavior of drug delivery systems devoted to cosmetic or dermopharmaceutic applications are particularly developed, the LAGEP being equipped with high performance tools for in vitro skin assessment.
Three kinds of research works are carried out in the laboratory:
– Physico-chemistry and formulation: search for new drug delivery systems, characterization of their physico-chemical properties and in vitro biopharmaceutical evaluation. Encapsulation of drugs, contrast agents, actives… in polymeric micro/nanoparticles.
– Development of encapsulation processes and drying processes dedicated to particulate systems. Membrane processes are developed due to their ability to form calibrated emulsions and particles with a continuous working. Drying of micro and nanoparticles is essential to guarantee the stability of these systems and their long term storage. Freeze drying and spray drying processes are studied.
– Development of solid dosage forms: tableting, drugs polymorphism, characterization spectroscopic characterization, controlled release.
– Bionanotechnology in vitro. Synthesis of colloidal reactive particles as biomolecules extraction support, as biological tracer, as transport systems…Interaction of biomolecules with these colloids.
Director of the Pharmaceutical Engineering, Professeur Bolzinger
- Giovanna LOLLO joins the editorial board of the Journal of Controlled Release!
- Two new awards for @LAGEPP at the CRS BNLF Early Career Scientist Meeting, 6th April 2021
- Vote for the video presentation of the RESOLVE project
- A video presenting the RESOLVE project is on line.
- New collaboration between Skyepharma and LAGEPP Laboratory of Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 and CNRS
- BARCamp Workshop : Mathieu Repellin (LAGEPP) and Mary Varoux (LBBE)
- “Highly Cited Researchers” : 4 researchers from Lyon, 2 from #LAGEPP
- COSLIFE platform
First conference Brillouin Light Scattering
This conference is dedicated to the discussion of advances in the field of Brillouin Light Scattering Microspectroscopy for Biological and…Continue reading »
Thesis Defense: Maroua ROUABAH
Maroua ROUABAH is pleased to invite you to her thesis defense entitled “Experimental study and modeling of the wet pelletizing…Continue reading »
Thesis defense: Marine Leroux
Marine Leroux is pleased to invite you to her thesis defense: “Role of polyunsaturated fatty acids and bis(monoacylglycero)phosphate in Leishmania…Continue reading »
Webinar Société Chimique de France: Alex Kerr
The Formulation group of the Société Chimique de France offers free webinars. The next one will take place from 1pm…Continue reading »
La BU donne carte blanche à Yves Chevalier
All informationsContinue reading »
Seminar : Dr. Koen van der Maaden
Dr. Koen van der Maaden from the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) will visit the LAGEPP and present a talk…Continue reading »
Lollo Giovanna’s HDR
On November 8th at 3pm in the ISPB Thesis Room, Lollo Giovanna will defend her HDR on the subject: “Overcoming…Continue reading »
Symposium: Nanomedicine and immunology to develop novel therapeutic approaches
In the context of the project NanoImmune funded by the Arqus program, we organize the 14th and 15th of October…Continue reading »
Seminar: Philippe, Samira, Isabelle and Céline
Our colleagues, Philippe Samira, Isabelle and Céline, will give a seminar to present their research activities on Thursday 21 October…Continue reading »
Seminar: Pr. Ana Grenha
Pr. Ana Grenha from the University of Algarve in Portugal. will give a talk titled: “Inhalable therapies: Valuable tools in…Continue reading »
- Projet Maturation : NanoNeb-UP
- Nano-Immune : Nanomedicine-mediated immune modulation to treat glioblastoma
- Development of a diagnostic approach for imaging a ligand of dependent receptors.
- Techniques and modern processes of impregnation of nanocapsules in leather
- METAVAC-T17: Characterization and up-scaling of a DuckCeltTM-T17 cell suspension culture process for the production of a new live-attenuated HRSV/HMPV chimeric METApneumovirus-based VACcine
- PeptiCaps: european project
- EURONANOMED III european project: RESOLVE
- ANR – AAPG 2018 JCJC: HyDNano
- ADEME project: ECLA
- ANR ASTRID-MATURATION DENOTER
Find all the projects on the GEPHARM Projects page
- Master 2 : 6 months internship offer Formulation of polyoxometalate as imaging contrast agent
- Thesis: Enabling local immune modulation using gene-based nanomedicine for the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Post-Doc: Design of nanocomposites for drug delivery application
- Laboratory technician, chemical profile, analysis, formulation, processes
- Bis(monoacylglycerol)phosphate, a putative regulator of Leishmania virulence towards macrophages
- PhD offer: Experimental study and modelling of freeze-drying cycles of a model probiotic strain of type L. Casei
- PhD offer: Stabilization of Pickering emulsions by association of polymeric particles
- PhD offer: New delivery approach targeting macrophages for active anti-tumor immunotherapy
Sort via metadata!
Year of production
- Meryem Belkilani, Carole Farre, Yves Chevalier, Sylvain Minot, François Bessueille, et al.. Mechanisms of Influenza Virus HA2 Peptide Interaction with Liposomes Studied by Dual-Wavelength MP-SPR. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2022, ⟨10.1021/acsami.2c09039⟩. ⟨hal-03730479⟩
- Jean Tallon, E. Gagnière, Claire Bordes, Géraldine Agusti, Yves Chevalier, et al.. Etude expérimentale de la transition de phase du carbonate de calcium de l’amorphe aux forms cristallines en emulsion inverse. CRISTAL 10, Jun 2022, Lyon, France. ⟨hal-03701102⟩
- Cristian Camilo Ruiz Vasquez, Noureddine Lebaz, Isabelle Ramière, Denis Mangin, Murielle Bertrand. Solution du bilan de population à l’état stationnaire dans le contexte de la précipitation oxalique dans un réacteur à effet vortex. Cristal 10, Jun 2022, Lyon, France. ⟨hal-03694122⟩
- Adithya Ramanathan Krishnan, Noureddine Lebaz, C. Charcosset, E Chabanon. BaCO3 precipitation using a dense membrane contactor : 1D population balance modelling. Cristal 10, Jun 2022, Lyon, France. ⟨hal-03694118⟩
- Ayoub Ouarga, Noureddine Lebaz, Mohamad Tarhini, Hassan Noukrati, Allal Barroug, et al.. Towards smart self-healing coatings: Advances in micro/nano-encapsulation processes as carriers for anti-corrosion coatings development. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2022, 354, pp.118862. ⟨10.1016/j.molliq.2022.118862⟩. ⟨hal-03604321⟩
- Noureddine Lebaz, Nida Sheibat-Othman. Population balance modelling of single and double emulsions preparation using static mixers. 7th International Conference on Population Balance Modelling, May 2022, Lyon, France. ⟨hal-03668994⟩
- Cristian Camilo Ruiz Vasquez, Noureddine Lebaz, Isabelle Ramière, Denis Mangin, Murielle Bertrand. Steady state population balance solution: application to neodymium oxalate precipitation in a vortex reactor. 7th International Conference on Population Balance Modelling, May 2022, Lyon, France. ⟨hal-03669016⟩
- Soumaya Kouki, Najeh Jaoued-Grayaa, Amira Anene, Emmanuel Beyou, Yves Chevalier, et al.. The enhanced adsorption properties of molecular imprinted polymer material prepared using nitroxide-mediated Radical Deactivation Reversible Polymerization. Polymer, 2022, 249, pp.124841. ⟨10.1016/j.polymer.2022.124841⟩. ⟨hal-03654008⟩
- Mariane Massufero Vergilio, Laura Moretti Aiello, Andreza Sonego Furlan, Amanda Costa Caritá, Jaqueline Rezende Azevedo, et al.. In vivo evaluation of topical ascorbic acid application on skin aging by 50 MHz ultrasound. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 2022, 21 (10), pp.4921-4926. ⟨10.1111/jocd.14892⟩. ⟨hal-03835488⟩
- Barthélémy Brunier, Yves Chevalier, Elodie Bourgeat-Lami, Nida Sheibat-Othman. Modeling polystyrene homogeneous-coagulative nucleation in Pickering emulsion polymerization. Macromolecular Reaction Engineering, 2022, 7 (8), pp.2200016. ⟨10.1002/mren.202200016⟩. ⟨hal-03762901⟩