Automatic, Process Engineering, Nonlinear Systems, Observability and Observer Design, Control and Stabilization, Output Control, Multi-Agent Systems, Hybrid Systems, Network Control Systems, Dynamic Process Modeling (from the laboratory scale to industrial scale), thermodynamics, estimation of physicochemical parameters by inverse methods ….
Examples of processes:
– three-phase catalytic processes such as Slurry columns
– fat production processes
– catalytic foams
– multi-scale processes
– absorption processes
– reactive extrusion
– crystallization in emulsion
Process dynamics and control of systems of conservation laws:
The design of energy efficient, reliable and intensive processes requires the development of dynamical models of processes which are accurate and adaptable and take account of their energy and entropy properties. Therefore the main research objective of the group is the development of modeling methods, algorithms for the numerical simulation and the control of processes which explicitly use the physical properties of the processes.
In a first instance, dynamical models using bond-graph modeling and the parameter identification of complex, network-structured processes are investigated by the use of measurements of transient behavior. Different multi-scale processes are considered such as adsorption, reactive extrusion processes, heat pumps, thermal stocks using phase changes in fluids and crystallization in emulsion processes, involving mass and heat transport in heterogeneous and reactive media with moving interface.
In a second instance, nonlinear control laws are developed, based on passivity techniques and using invariants and balance equations of thermodynamically-based functions. For this goal our research group develops different formulation of processes, in particular the Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor, as quasi-port Hamiltonian systems or input-output contact systems. Control laws for the stabilization of such processes are then developed based on structure preserving feedback control such as IDA-PBC.
In a third instance the research group works on the control of systems of conservation laws, eventually augmented with source terms due for instance to the entropy creation terms. Infinite-dimensional port-Hamiltonian systems with boundary port variables are considered and specific spatial discretization algorithms are developed which preserve the Dirac structure underlying the port-Hamiltonian systems. The existence of solutions and the relation with boundary control systems and well-posed systems is also investigated, based on the semi-group theory or on classical fixed-point techniques. Finally the stabilization of nonlinear systems of conservation laws using Riemann invariants and gain scheduling is addressed.
Director: Melaz TAYAKOUT-FAYOLLE
Co-directors: Isabelle PITAULT et Vincent ANDRIEU
Mines paristech http://www.mines-paristech.fr/
Ampere Ecole Central https://www.ec-lyon.fr/recherche/laboratoires/ampere
University of Melbourne https://electrical.eng.unimelb.edu.au/
University of genova (Italy) http://www.dime.unige.it/it
University Toulon www.univ-tln.fr
University Groeningen https://www.rug.nl/
University Passau https://www.uni-passau.de/
AMPERE lab http://www.ampere-lab.fr/
CRES Centre de Recherches de Solaize Total
Institut de Chimie de Lyon: ICL www.iclyon.fr
TRTG TOTAL RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY GONFREVILLE https://tools.cofrac.fr/fr/organismes/fiche.php?entite_id=12066439
University of Hyogo https://www.u-hyogo.ac.jp/index.html
Thesis defense: Guillaume PETAUD
Thesis defense of Guillaume PETAUD 07/11/2019 at 14h0 Room Fontannes of Lyon1 university Title : Selective Catalytic Reduction of nitrogen…Continue reading »
Thesis Defense of GONZALEZ DE COSSIO FRANCISCO 5th of December
5th of December 2019, 10 am “bibliothèque de la doua” Jury : Rapporteur Sergey Dashevsky (University of Würzburg, Germany) Rapporteur Alain…Continue reading »
In this year’s program: – Two plenary academic and industrial conferences, – Three short oral communication sessions “all fields of…Continue reading »
Sort via metadata!
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
- Coraline Sester, Fabrice Ofridam, Noureddine Lebaz, Emilie Gagniere, Denis Mangin, et al.. pH‐Sensitive methacrylic acid–methyl methacrylate copolymer Eudragit L100 and dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate, butyl methacrylate, and methyl methacrylate tri‐copolymer Eudragit E100. Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Wiley, 2020, 31, pp.440-450. ⟨10.1002/pat.4780⟩. ⟨hal-02342633⟩
- Lucas Brivadis, Vincent Andrieu, Elodie Chabanon, Emilie Gagnière, Noureddine Lebaz, et al.. New dynamical observer for a batch crystallization process based on solute concentration. Journal of Process Control, Elsevier, 2020, 87, pp.17-26. ⟨10.1016/j.jprocont.2019.12.012⟩. ⟨hal-02448635⟩
- Fabrice Ofridam, Noureddine Lebaz, Emilie Gagniere, Denis Mangin, Abdelhamid Elaissari. Effect of secondary polymer on self‐precipitation of pH‐sensitive polymethylmethacrylate derivatives Eudragit E100 and Eudragit L100. Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Wiley, 2020, ⟨10.1002/pat.4856⟩. ⟨hal-02475657⟩
- Daniele Astolfi, Romain Postoyan, Dragan Nešić. Uniting observers. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, In press, ⟨10.1109/TAC.2019.2933395⟩. ⟨hal-02283837⟩
- A Terrand-Jeanne, Vincent Andrieu, Valérie dos Santos Martins, C.-Z Xu. Adding integral action for open-loop exponentially stable semigroups and application to boundary control of PDE systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2020, ⟨10.1109/TAC.2019.2957349⟩. ⟨hal-01971584⟩
- Isabelle Trenque, Greta Camilla Magnano, Jan Bárta, Fréderic Chaput, Marie Alexandrine Bolzinger, et al.. Synthesis routes of CeO 2 nanoparticles dedicated to organophosphorus degradation: a benchmark. CrystEngComm, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2020, ⟨10.1039/c9ce01898k⟩. ⟨hal-02483155⟩
- Daniele Astolfi, Giacomo Casadei. Stabilization of nonlinear systems in presence of filtered output via extended high-gain observers. Automatica, Elsevier, 2019, 110, pp.108594. ⟨10.1016/j.automatica.2019.108594⟩. ⟨hal-02319700⟩
- Barbara Browning, Isabelle Pitault, Françoise Couenne, Tim Jansen, Maxime Lacroix, et al.. Distributed lump kinetic modeling for slurry phase vacuum residue hydroconversion. Chemical Engineering Journal, Elsevier, 2019, 377, pp.119811. ⟨10.1016/j.cej.2018.08.197⟩. ⟨hal-01919533⟩
- Haithem Louati, Tobias Scheuermann, Bernhard Maschke, Marie-Line Zanota, Jérôme Vicente, et al.. Modelling of heat transfer in open cell foam described as graphs associated to the solid and fluid phases using Port-Hamiltonian systems. Journée Scientifique du CODEGEPRA, Nov 2019, Villeurbanne, France. 2019. ⟨hal-02383099⟩
- C. Valentin, D. Dochain, C. Jallut, V dos Santos Martins. Representation of a Continuous Settling Tank by Hybrid Partial Differential Non Linear Equations for Control Design, World congress IFAC 2020, Berlin, Germany. July 12-17 (submitted). 2019. ⟨hal-02372643⟩