Key words : Nanoparticles, microparticles, Pickering emulsions, microemulsions, liposomes, skin permeation, membrane processes, freeze drying, spray drying, spray cooling, tableting, powder, drying, hybrid particles, colloids, in vitro diagnostic, environmental analysis
The LAGEPP (Laboratory of Automatic Control, Chemical and pharmaceutical engineering) is a research laboratory of the University Lyon 1 and the French national Institute for scientific research (CNRS UMR 5007). It develops pluridisciplinary research in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering and biochemical processes. The LAGEPP gathers strong pluridisciplinary competences in close collaboration with national and international research and development centers in industry or in academia.
The “pharmaceutical engineering” group has its strong expertise in drug delivery. This team is mainly working on the formulation of drug delivery systems for topical or parenteral administration and diagnostic applications. The research encompasses several scientific domains and a huge part is devoted to physical chemistry and formulation: development of new drug delivery systems, physical chemistry properties and biological in vitro evaluation. Studies about skin behavior of drug delivery systems devoted to cosmetic or dermopharmaceutic applications are particularly developed, the LAGEP being equipped with high performance tools for in vitro skin assessment.
Three kinds of research works are carried out in the laboratory:
– Physico-chemistry and formulation: search for new drug delivery systems, characterization of their physico-chemical properties and in vitro biopharmaceutical evaluation. Encapsulation of drugs, contrast agents, actives… in polymeric micro/nanoparticles.
– Development of encapsulation processes and drying processes dedicated to particulate systems. Membrane processes are developed due to their ability to form calibrated emulsions and particles with a continuous working. Drying of micro and nanoparticles is essential to guarantee the stability of these systems and their long term storage. Freeze drying and spray drying processes are studied.
– Development of solid dosage forms: tableting, drugs polymorphism, characterization spectroscopic characterization, controlled release.
– Bionanotechnology in vitro. Synthesis of colloidal reactive particles as biomolecules extraction support, as biological tracer, as transport systems…Interaction of biomolecules with these colloids.
Director of the Pharmaceutical Engineering, Professeur Bolzinger
- Giovanna LOLLO joins the editorial board of the Journal of Controlled Release!
- Two new awards for @LAGEPP at the CRS BNLF Early Career Scientist Meeting, 6th April 2021
- Vote for the video presentation of the RESOLVE project
- A video presenting the RESOLVE project is on line.
- New collaboration between Skyepharma and LAGEPP Laboratory of Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 and CNRS
- BARCamp Workshop : Mathieu Repellin (LAGEPP) and Mary Varoux (LBBE)
- “Highly Cited Researchers” : 4 researchers from Lyon, 2 from #LAGEPP
- COSLIFE platform
Lollo Giovanna’s HDR
On November 8th at 3pm in the ISPB Thesis Room, Lollo Giovanna will defend her HDR on the subject: “Overcoming…Continue reading »
Symposium: Nanomedicine and immunology to develop novel therapeutic approaches
In the context of the project NanoImmune funded by the Arqus program, we organize the 14th and 15th of October…Continue reading »
Seminar: Philippe, Samira, Isabelle and Céline
Our colleagues, Philippe Samira, Isabelle and Céline, will give a seminar to present their research activities on Thursday 21 October…Continue reading »
Seminar: Pr. Ana Grenha
Pr. Ana Grenha from the University of Algarve in Portugal. will give a talk titled: “Inhalable therapies: Valuable tools in…Continue reading »
CARATS Innovative Cosmetics Webinar: New materials and processes for formulation and packaging
http://www.carats-innovation.com/blog/webinaire-cosmetique-innovante-des-nouveaux-materiaux-et-procedes-pour-la Don’t forget to register!Continue reading »
WEBINAR NANOMEDICINE IN LYON
ORGANISED BY SFNANO & CRS BeNeLux and France Local Chapter Thursday July 8th 2021 from 4PM to 6PM Our new…Continue reading »
PhD defence of Annalisa ROSSO
After three years of doctoral thesis, Annalisa Rosso is pleased to inform you that her thesis defense, entitled “Hybrid nanosystems…Continue reading »
PhD defense of Laure BIRBA
Laura BIRBA is pleased to invite you to her thesis defense which will take place in Cisco Webex videoconference on…Continue reading »
- Projet Maturation : NanoNeb-UP
- Nano-Immune : Nanomedicine-mediated immune modulation to treat glioblastoma
- Development of a diagnostic approach for imaging a ligand of dependent receptors.
- Techniques and modern processes of impregnation of nanocapsules in leather
- METAVAC-T17: Characterization and up-scaling of a DuckCeltTM-T17 cell suspension culture process for the production of a new live-attenuated HRSV/HMPV chimeric METApneumovirus-based VACcine
- PeptiCaps: european project
- EURONANOMED III european project: RESOLVE
- ANR – AAPG 2018 JCJC: HyDNano
- ADEME project: ECLA
- ANR ASTRID-MATURATION DENOTER
Find all the projects on the GEPHARM Projects page
- Master internship:Functionalization of nanovectors for tumor macrophages specific targeting
- Laboratory technician, chemical profile, analysis, formulation, processes
- Bis(monoacylglycerol)phosphate, a putative regulator of Leishmania virulence towards macrophages
- PhD offer: Experimental study and modelling of freeze-drying cycles of a model probiotic strain of type L. Casei
- PhD offer: Stabilization of Pickering emulsions by association of polymeric particles
- PhD offer: Optimisation of liposome preparation by mathematical models: from laboratory to industrial scale
- PhD offer: New delivery approach targeting macrophages for active anti-tumor immunotherapy
Sort via metadata!
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
- Amira Anene, Rafik Kalfat, Yves Chevalier, Souhaira Hbaieb. Design of Molecularly Imprinted Polymeric Materials: The Crucial Choice of Functional Monomers. Chemistry Africa, Springer, 2020, 3 (3), pp.769-781. ⟨10.1007/s42250-020-00180-1⟩. ⟨hal-02994519⟩
- Jaime Vega-Chacón, Mohamad Tarhini, Noureddine Lebaz, Miguel Jafelicci, Nadia Zine, et al.. Protein-Silica Hybrid Submicron Particles: Preparation and Characterization. Chemistry Africa, Springer, 2020, 3, pp.793-801. ⟨10.1007/s42250-020-00138-3⟩. ⟨hal-02554148⟩
- Waisudin Badri, Mohamad Tarhini, Zineb Lgourna, Noureddine Lebaz, Hassan Saadaoui, et al.. Preparation and Characterization of Glued Corn Flakes-Like Protein-Based Magnetic Particles. Chemistry Africa, Springer, 2020, 3, pp.803-811. ⟨10.1007/s42250-020-00147-2⟩. ⟨hal-02623651⟩
- Tehreem Mumtaz, Maimoona Qindeel, Asim Ur Rehman, Mohamad Tarhini, Naveed Ahmed, et al.. Exploiting proteases for cancer theranostic through molecular imaging and drug delivery. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Elsevier, 2020, 587, pp.119712. ⟨10.1016/j.ijpharm.2020.119712⟩. ⟨hal-02988301⟩
- Arpita Saha, Hamdi Ben Halima, Abhishek Saini, Juan Gallardo-Gonzalez, Nadia Zine, et al.. Magnetic Nanoparticles Fishing for Biomarkers in Artificial Saliva. Molecules, MDPI, 2020, 25 (17), pp.3968. ⟨10.3390/molecules25173968⟩. ⟨hal-02989869⟩
- Sumera Khizar, Nasir Ahmad, Naveed Ahmed, Sadia Manzoor, Abdelhamid Elaïssari. Encapsulation of doxorubicin in magnetic‐polymer hybrid colloidal particles of Eudragit E100 and their hyperthermia and drug release studies. Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Wiley, 2020, 31 (8), pp.1732-1743. ⟨10.1002/pat.4900⟩. ⟨hal-02988964⟩
- Munther Alomari, Rabindran Jermy Balasamy, Dana Almohazey, Vijaya Ravinayagam, Mohammad Al Hamad, et al.. Nile Red-Poly(Methyl Methacrylate)/Silica Nanocomposite Particles Increase the Sensitivity of Cervical Cancer Cells to Tamoxifen. Polymers, MDPI, 2020, 12 (7), pp.1516. ⟨10.3390/polym12071516⟩. ⟨hal-02988363⟩
- Malgorzata Tarnowska, S. Briancon, Jacqueline Resende de Azevedo, Yves Chevalier, Delphine Arquier, et al.. The effect of vehicle on skin absorption of Mg2+ and Ca2+ from thermal spring water. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Wiley, 2020, 42 (3), pp.248-258. ⟨10.1111/ics.12607⟩. ⟨hal-02841317⟩
- Mudassara Saqib, A. Shabbir Ali Bhatti, Nasir Ahmad, Naveed Ahmed, Gul Shahnaz, et al.. Amphotericin B Loaded Polymeric Nanoparticles for Treatment of Leishmania Infections. Nanomaterials, MDPI, 2020, 10 (6), pp.1152. ⟨10.3390/nano10061152⟩. ⟨hal-02866742⟩
- Elodie Denet, Maria Betzabeth Espina-Benitez, Isabelle Pitault, Thierry Pollet, Didier Blaha, et al.. Metal oxide nanoparticles for the decontamination of toxic chemical and biological compounds. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Elsevier, 2020, 583, pp.119373. ⟨10.1016/j.ijpharm.2020.119373⟩. ⟨hal-03000226⟩