Automatic, Nonlinear Systems, Observability and Observer Design, Control and Stabilization
The research topic of the SNLEP team concerns the theorical development and implementation of tools devoted to: Analyze, Model, Simulate, Control and Optimize Systems in Process Engineering.
Our theoretical developments are motivated by practical applications encountered through collaborations with industrial and academic partners. More specifically, our work focuses on model design and reduction, parametric identification and observation, diagnosis and control.
- The Modeling concerns polymerization crystallization freeze and bio- processes. We exploit mainly heat balance and matter conservation law, heat and matter diffusion, mass transfer between phases and population balance in particulate processes to develop models suitable for simulation, observation and control.
- Identification exploits tools coming from model predictive control and refers to experimental design in order to facilitate online parameter identification.
- The observation topic refers to the design of algorithm to estimate online parameters and unknown quantities of the model.
- Fault diagnosis refers to the detection of fault which is an unpermitted deviation of at least one characteristic property of the process from the acceptable, usual, standard condition.
- The control topic focuses on the stabilization problem for finite and infinite dimensional systems, the tracking and control problem using optimization tools.
The chemical processes mainly concerned by the SNLEP team are polymerization processes, crystallization processes and drying processes.
Director of SNLEP: Hassan Hammouri
Sort via metadata!
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
- Barthélémy Brunier, Nida Sheibat-Othman, Sami Othman, Yves Chevalier, Elodie Bourgeat-Lami. Modelling particle growth under saturated and starved conditions in emulsion polymerization. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Wiley, 2017, 95 (2), pp.208-221. ⟨10.1002/cjce.22640⟩. ⟨hal-02139837⟩
- Nawel Afsi,, Toufik Bakir, Sami Othman, Nida Sheibat-Othman, Anis Sakly. Estimation of the mean crystal size and the moments of the crystal size distribution in batch crystallization processes. 4TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONTROL ENGINEERING & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (CEIT), Dec 2016, Hammamet, Tunisia. pp.1-6, ⟨10.1109/CEIT.2016.7929069⟩. ⟨hal-01557757⟩
- Michelangelo Bin, Daniele Astolfi, Lorenzo Marconi. Robust internal model design by nonlinear regression via low-power high-gain observers. 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec 2016, Las Vegas, United States. pp.4740-4745, ⟨10.1109/CDC.2016.7798992⟩. ⟨hal-02304179⟩
- Mohamed Abdelmoula Benlahrache, Sami Othman, Nida Sheibat-Othman. Fault tolerant control of wind turbine using Laguerre and Kautz MPC for compensation. 2016 European Control Conference (ECC), Jun 2016, Aalborg, France. ⟨10.1109/ECC.2016.7810570⟩. ⟨hal-01901787⟩
- Ngoc-Tu Trinh, Vincent Andrieu, Cheng-Zhong Xu. Multivariable PI controller design for 2 \texttimes 2 systems governed by hyperbolic partial differential equations with Lyapunov techniques. Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2016, Las Vegas, USA, Unknown Region. pp.5654-5659, ⟨10.1109/CDC.2016.7799138⟩. ⟨hal-01923332⟩
- Amira Abdelkader, Moez Boussada, Koffi Fiaty, Hassan Hammouri, Ahmed Said Nouri. Actuator fault detection identification and isolation via high-gain observer for an olive oil waste esterification in a Semi Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor. 2015 16th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering (STA), Dec 2015, Monastir, France. ⟨10.1109/STA.2015.7505232⟩. ⟨hal-01902132⟩
- Chouaib Afri, Laurent Bako, Vincent Andrieu, Pascal Dufour. Adaptive identification of continuous time MIMO state-space models. 54th IEEE CDC, Dec 2015, Osaka, Japan. pp.5677-5682, ⟨10.1109/CDC.2015.7403110⟩. ⟨hal-01265057⟩
- Vincent Grelet, Pascal Dufour, Madiha Nadri, Vincent Lemort, Thomas Reiche. Explicit multi model predictive control of a waste heat Rankine based system for heavy duty trucks. 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) 2015, Dec 2015, Osaka, Japan. pp.179-184, ⟨10.1109/CDC.2015.7402105⟩. ⟨hal-01265059⟩
- Nida Sheibat-Othman, Sami Othman, T. Raoaa, A. Sakly, Peter F. Odgaard, et al.. Estimation of the wind turbine yaw error by support vector machines. 9th IFAC symposium on Control of Power and Energy Systems (CPES 2015),, Dec 2015, Delhi, India. ⟨hal-01996669⟩
- Vincent Grelet, Vincent Lemort, Madiha Nadri, Pascal Dufour, Thomas Reiche. Waste heat recovery Rankine cycle based system modeling for heavy duty trucks fuel saving assess- men. 3rd ASME International Seminar on Organic Rankine Cy cle (ORC) Power Systems 2015, Oct 2015, Brussels, Belgium. paper 67. ⟨hal-01265061⟩