Automatic, Nonlinear Systems, Observability and Observer Design, Control and Stabilization
The research topic of the SNLEP team concerns the theorical development and implementation of tools devoted to: Analyze, Model, Simulate, Control and Optimize Systems in Process Engineering.
Our theoretical developments are motivated by practical applications encountered through collaborations with industrial and academic partners. More specifically, our work focuses on model design and reduction, parametric identification and observation, diagnosis and control.
- The Modeling concerns polymerization crystallization freeze and bio- processes. We exploit mainly heat balance and matter conservation law, heat and matter diffusion, mass transfer between phases and population balance in particulate processes to develop models suitable for simulation, observation and control.
- Identification exploits tools coming from model predictive control and refers to experimental design in order to facilitate online parameter identification.
- The observation topic refers to the design of algorithm to estimate online parameters and unknown quantities of the model.
- Fault diagnosis refers to the detection of fault which is an unpermitted deviation of at least one characteristic property of the process from the acceptable, usual, standard condition.
- The control topic focuses on the stabilization problem for finite and infinite dimensional systems, the tracking and control problem using optimization tools.
The chemical processes mainly concerned by the SNLEP team are polymerization processes, crystallization processes and drying processes.
Director of SNLEP: Hassan Hammouri
Sort via metadata!
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
- C.-M. Astorga, Nida Sheibat-Othman, Sami Othman, Hassan Hammouri, Timothy Mckenna. Nonlinear continuous-discrete observers: application to emulsion polymerization reactors. Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier, 2002, 10 (1), pp.3-13. ⟨10.1016/S0967-0661(01)00100-9⟩. ⟨hal-00366388⟩
- Nida Sheibat-Othman, Amilton M. Santos, Gilles Févotte, Timothy Mckenna. Monitoring of emulsion polymerisations: A study of reaction kinetics in the presence of secondary nucleation. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Wiley, 2002, 80, pp.88-104. ⟨hal-00366385⟩
- Hassan Hammouri, Pousga Kabore, Sami Othman, Jean Biston. Failure diagnosis and nonlinear observer. Application to a hydraulic process. Journal of the Franklin Institute of the State of Pennsylvania, 2002, 339 (4-5), pp.455-478. ⟨10.1016/S0016-0032(02)00027-3⟩. ⟨hal-00524444⟩
- Krishna Busawon, Hamed Yahoui, Hassan Hammouri, Guy Grellet. A nonlinear observer for induction motors. European Physical Journal: Applied Physics, EDP Sciences, 2001, 15 (3), pp.181-188. ⟨10.1051/epjap:2001181⟩. ⟨hal-00179687⟩
- Pascal Dufour, Estelle Courtial, Youssoufi Touré, Pierre Laurent. Trajectory tracking strategy for a non-linear distributed parameter process. IFAC-IEEE European Control Conference (ECC), Sep 2001, Porto, Portugal. Paper 4993. ⟨hal-00353049⟩
- Hassan Hammouri, Pousga Kabore, Michel Kinnaert. Geometric Approach for Fault Detection and Isolation for Bilinear Systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2001, 46 (09), pp.1451 – 1455. ⟨10.1109/9.948476⟩. ⟨hal-00461779⟩
- Nida Sheibat-Othman, Gilles Févotte, Timothy Mckenna. ON-LINE MONITORING OF EMULSION TERPOLYMERIZATION PROCESSES. Polymer Reaction Engineering, Taylor & Francis, 2001, 9 (4), pp.271-296. ⟨hal-00366389⟩
- Nida Sheibat-Othman. ADVANCED STRATEGIES FOR COMPOSITION CONTROL IN SEMI-CONTINUOUS EMULSION POLYMERIZATION. Chemical and Process Engineering. Université Claude Bernard – Lyon I, 2000. English. ⟨tel-00366694⟩
- Mohamed-Chaker Larabi, Pascal Dufour, Pierre Laurent, Youssoufi Touré. Predictive control of a nonlinear distributed parameter system: Real time control of a painting film drying process. Mathematical Theory on Network and Systems (MTNS), Jun 2000, Perpignan, France. Paper B167. ⟨hal-00352768v2⟩
- D.J. Rita, G. Févotte, T.F. Mckenna, Sami Othman, E.L. Lima, et al.. Modelling and Observation of the Emulsion Copolymerization of Styrene with α-Methylstyrene. IFAC Proceedings Volumes, Elsevier, 2000, 33 (10), pp.359 – 364. ⟨10.1016/S1474-6670(17)38566-X⟩. ⟨hal-01902721⟩