Automatic, Process Engineering, Nonlinear Systems, Observability and Observer Design, Control and Stabilization, Output Control, Multi-Agent Systems, Hybrid Systems, Network Control Systems, Dynamic Process Modeling (from the laboratory scale to industrial scale), thermodynamics, estimation of physicochemical parameters by inverse methods ….
Examples of processes:
– three-phase catalytic processes such as Slurry columns
– fat production processes
– catalytic foams
– multi-scale processes
– absorption processes
– reactive extrusion
– crystallization in emulsion
Process dynamics and control of systems of conservation laws:
The design of energy efficient, reliable and intensive processes requires the development of dynamical models of processes which are accurate and adaptable and take account of their energy and entropy properties. Therefore the main research objective of the group is the development of modeling methods, algorithms for the numerical simulation and the control of processes which explicitly use the physical properties of the processes.
In a first instance, dynamical models using bond-graph modeling and the parameter identification of complex, network-structured processes are investigated by the use of measurements of transient behavior. Different multi-scale processes are considered such as adsorption, reactive extrusion processes, heat pumps, thermal stocks using phase changes in fluids and crystallization in emulsion processes, involving mass and heat transport in heterogeneous and reactive media with moving interface.
In a second instance, nonlinear control laws are developed, based on passivity techniques and using invariants and balance equations of thermodynamically-based functions. For this goal our research group develops different formulation of processes, in particular the Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor, as quasi-port Hamiltonian systems or input-output contact systems. Control laws for the stabilization of such processes are then developed based on structure preserving feedback control such as IDA-PBC.
In a third instance the research group works on the control of systems of conservation laws, eventually augmented with source terms due for instance to the entropy creation terms. Infinite-dimensional port-Hamiltonian systems with boundary port variables are considered and specific spatial discretization algorithms are developed which preserve the Dirac structure underlying the port-Hamiltonian systems. The existence of solutions and the relation with boundary control systems and well-posed systems is also investigated, based on the semi-group theory or on classical fixed-point techniques. Finally the stabilization of nonlinear systems of conservation laws using Riemann invariants and gain scheduling is addressed.
Director: Melaz TAYAKOUT-FAYOLLE
Co-directors: Isabelle PITAULT et Vincent ANDRIEU
Mines paristech http://www.mines-paristech.fr/
Ampere Ecole Central https://www.ec-lyon.fr/recherche/laboratoires/ampere
University of Melbourne https://electrical.eng.unimelb.edu.au/
University of genova (Italy) http://www.dime.unige.it/it
University Toulon www.univ-tln.fr
University Groeningen https://www.rug.nl/
University Passau https://www.uni-passau.de/
AMPERE lab http://www.ampere-lab.fr/
CRES Centre de Recherches de Solaize Total
Institut de Chimie de Lyon: ICL www.iclyon.fr
TRTG TOTAL RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY GONFREVILLE https://tools.cofrac.fr/fr/organismes/fiche.php?entite_id=12066439
University of Hyogo https://www.u-hyogo.ac.jp/index.html
Seminar of B. Maschke on implicit Hamiltonian systems
B. Maschke will present a seminar on Hamiltonian port systems where energy is implicitly defined. This short presentation will take…Continue reading »
Thesis defense: Guillaume PETAUD
Thesis defense of Guillaume PETAUD 07/11/2019 at 14h0 Room Fontannes of Lyon1 university Title : Selective Catalytic Reduction of nitrogen…Continue reading »
Thesis Defense of GONZALEZ DE COSSIO FRANCISCO 5th of December
5th of December 2019, 10 am “bibliothèque de la doua” Jury : Rapporteur Sergey Dashevsky (University of Würzburg, Germany) Rapporteur Alain…Continue reading »
In this year’s program: – Two plenary academic and industrial conferences, – Three short oral communication sessions “all fields of…Continue reading »
Sort via metadata!
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
- M. Tayakout-Fayolle, C. Jallut, E. Pollet, T. Hamaide. Combination of a Monte Carlo approach with the contact time distribution concept for the steady-state modeling of an isothermal heterogeneous coordinated anionic ring opening polymerization reactor. Chemical Engineering Science, Elsevier, 2003, 58 (8), pp.1509-1519. ⟨10.1016/S0009-2509(02)00661-9⟩. ⟨hal-02098064⟩
- A.-L Le Coënt, Mélaz Tayakout-Fayolle, F. Couenne, S. Briancon, J. Lieto, et al.. Kinetic parameter estimation and modelling of sucrose esters synthesis without solvent. Chemical Engineering Science, Elsevier, 2003, 58 (2), pp.367-376. ⟨10.1016/S0009-2509(02)00474-8⟩. ⟨hal-02432538⟩
- E. Jolimaitre, K. Ragil, M. Tayakout-Fayolle, C. Jallut. Separation of mono- and dibranched hydrocarbons on silicalite. AIChE Journal, Wiley, 2002, 48 (9), pp.1927-1937. ⟨10.1002/aic.690480910⟩. ⟨hal-02097125⟩
- S. Perrin, S Chaudourne, C. Jallut, J. Lieto. Transient state techniques for mass transfer characterization of a gas–liquid packed column. Chemical Engineering Science, Elsevier, 2002, 57 (16), pp.3335-3345. ⟨10.1016/S0009-2509(02)00203-8⟩. ⟨hal-02097124⟩
- Philippe Manon, Claire Valentin-Roubinet, Gérard Gilles. Optimal control of hybrid dynamical systems: application in process engineering. Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier, 2002, 10 (2), pp.133 – 149. ⟨10.1016/S0967-0661(01)00123-X⟩. ⟨hal-01895632⟩
- M. Taghizadeh, C. Jallut, M. Tayakout-Fayolle, J. Lieto. Non-isothermal gas–liquid absorption with chemical reaction studies. Chemical Engineering Journal, Elsevier, 2001, 82 (1-3), pp.143-148. ⟨10.1016/S1385-8947(00)00357-0⟩. ⟨hal-02097120⟩
- E. Jolimaitre, M. Tayakout-Fayolle, C. Jallut, K. Ragil. Determination of Mass Transfer and Thermodynamic Properties of Branched Paraffins in Silicalite by Inverse Chromatography Technique. Industrial and engineering chemistry research, American Chemical Society, 2001, 40 (3), pp.914-926. ⟨10.1021/ie0004693⟩. ⟨hal-02097117⟩
- C. Valentin-Roubinet. Hybrid Dynamic Systems verification with Mixed Petri Nets. Symposium ADPM’2000, Automation of Mixed Processes: Hybrid Dynamic Systems, Sep 2000, Dortmund, Germany. ⟨hal-01977159⟩
- M. Tayakout-Fayolle, E. Jolimaitre, C. Jallut. Consequence of structural identifiability properties on state-model formulation for linear inverse chromatography. Chemical Engineering Science, Elsevier, 2000, 55 (15), pp.2945-2956. ⟨10.1016/S0009-2509(99)00558-8⟩. ⟨hal-02097115⟩